My Big 10

Posted in By Short Arm Sean 0 comments

My Big 10

This is my top 10 favorite something or another.
This week's category: American Idol Contestants

Okay, so there are only 9 left, but I'm still calling it my Big 10. Here is my breakdown of those left.

9. Tim Urban
So seriously. American Idol auditions hundreds of thousands of people every year. You're telling me Tim Urban is in the top 9 of all those people? I'm fairly certain he has made a deal with the devil to keep him in this.

8. Aaron Kelly
Mr. Vibrato. Consistantly sings songs that appeal to 50 year old women. So tired of his move of pulling the microphone away from his face on his "big" notes. Note to Aaron: keep the mic in front of your mouth. Your voice isn't going to blow us away.

7. Katie Stevens
Here's the deal. I could eat oatmeal everyday and I would survive, but I choose to eat things with more flavor. Katie is the oatmeal of the competition.

6. Siobhan Magnus
This girl is such a weirdo. Her outfits look like she raided the Star Wars costume closet. She seems to have the public speaking abilities of a hamster. Yet, she is not a terrible singer. I have grown very tired of the now infamous "scream note".

5. Andrew Garcia
I had such high hopes for this guy during Hollywood Week. He is this year's Danny Gokey. Of course, we all know that his highlight was his interpretation of Paula Abdul and has never been able to recapture that magic. Too bad.

4. Michael Lynche
If I hear the term "velvet teddybear" one more time, I'm going to throw up. If he picks up someone else, I'm going to throw up. All that said, he is actually a really good singer. He needs to stick to the R&B stuff and let go of his pop side. That's where he is really in his element.

3. Casey James
Casey seems to be getting better each week. I'm so pleased that we have moved beyond the stupid Kara/Casey pseudo-romance and can now just focus on his singing.

2. Crystal Bowersox
She is the most natural and gifted. I love the sound of her voice although her hair looks as though it could stand a good washing. Additionally, she is much easier to watch now that they seem to have whitened her teeth. She should cruise to the finals.

1. Lee DeWyze
To be honest, the first couple of weeks I thought he didn't stand a chance. His pitch issues were beyond painful. It's amazing what a little self-belief will do for you. He is now the one that I look forward to the most each week. The tone of his voice is amazing and as long as he can maintain pitch control and continue to make wise song choices, he is the one to beat.